Sunday 18 November 2018

Tyseley: It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas...

Hi all. How is it the middle of November already? 2018 has simply flown by and the sound of sleigh bells is already ringing in the air! My desk has been alive with Santa rosters for the various preservation locations I attend and I've naturally booked a few December dates. However, today I was at the former 84E of Tyseley Locomotive Works in Birmingham for another volunteer Saturday. Work today was focussed around both 7029 "Clun Castle" and 4965 "Rood Ashton Hall", whilst slumbering cold between the pair was the resting "Earl". The 'Polar Express' trains: Tyseley's first public outings under the new TOC: are fast approaching and so all efforts are geared towards putting on a great show. 4965 was looking longingly towards the shed door today in readiness to escape: I can't wait to see her out again...
After a very pleasant day at 84E, I left for home at just after 4pm. I'll next be at Tyseley the week after next, helping get the engine ready for just one of the many booked 'Polar Express' duties. Next Saturday involves a Warley wander for me: November wouldn't be November without being bashed into by the overflowing rucksack of a bobble-hatted modeller! Kind Regards, Sam...

No comments: