Saturday 23 March 2019

Statfold: Prepping A Quarry...

Hi all. Today, after work, I swiftly headed over to Statfold Barn to check over my steed for tomorrow's March Enthusiasts Day: "Jack Lane". I arrived at around 14:30 and immediately found the little green Quarry waiting in the platform, coupled to her sister "Statfold". These Quarry's are just two of six based at Statfold but are unique due to their ages. Both were built brand new by the SBR in 2005 and 2006 respectively to the Dinorwic Port design. Plucky and very willing engines, "Statfold" and "Jack Lane" have performed many faultless miles on various narrow gauge railways, proving their Quarry pedigree. Tomorrow, myself and Fireman Ben will be double-heading with "Statfold" as part of a 14-locomotive line-up. I can't wait! It's always great to get out on the regulator again after the steamless Winter months! This afternoon I just made sure we had plenty of wood and plenty of rags in readiness for our early morning preparation tomorrow. I left for home at around 17:00. Cheers all, Sam...

No comments: