Sunday 21 April 2019

Tyseley: A Castle At Rest...

Hi all. Today, in pleasant Spring sunshine, I was in Birmingham at the former 84E for another volunteer Saturday. I soon found myself on my now fairly regular task: cleaning the cab of "Clun Castle". Now that the engine is being used more regularly on the main line, maintaining her strict cleanliness procedure requires much extra work. Armed with rags and a fresh tube of Autosol, I gradually made my way around the various cab fittings as the hours ticked by. The results of cleaning this fine machine are self evident and always make your efforts worthwhile...
Later in the afternoon, with "Clun"s cab now shining, I headed for home. Tomorrow, on Easter Sunday, I'm out for a few hours with well known alarm clock snoozer 'Eddie the Late' for a visit to the Vintage Festival at Quorn. Cheers all, Sam...

No comments: