Wednesday 25 December 2019

Merry Christmas Everyone...

"Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse". I hope this short extract from the festive 1823 poem finds you all settled down for Christmas tomorrow. This evening, with a chill winter wind blowing a gale outside, I nipped into the workshop to have a quick look at my two forgotten engines! "Achilles" and the Maisie sit quietly in the current tip that is my workshop, patiently awaiting their next chance to steam. I have been enjoying the fabulous Purple Moose ale I bought after my visit to Shackerstone a few weeks ago. It's a very nice beer: a little taste of Wales. It was the pint of choice in The Eagles pub when we used to crew at Bala back in the day, so always brings back good memories. For now folks, thanks for reading again in 2019 and I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a great day tomorrow. Eat, drink and be merry! And so, as the old poem says; "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"...

No comments: