Sunday 18 June 2023

Going Great Central: A Shed Turn...

A short one from today folks. I went across to the GCR first thing this morning to take part in a shed turn. It's always good to show some willing outside of footplate turns so I headed along to help with ashing the pits etc, once the four big engines in steam for the 50th anniversary gala weekend had left the shed. Inside the shed was old favourite No6990 "Witherslack Hall", the boiler from which is being readied to return to the frames very shortly following a re-tube. I'm really looking forward to seeing 6990 back in action. I had a few hours pottering around the shed and yard, helping where I could, before heading for home. Short and sweet, not a lot else to it. Cheers, Sam...
Please note any views or opinions expressed in this blog are merely personal and do not in any way represent the views or opinions of any other person, group or organisation.

No comments: