Wednesday 3 February 2010

An Outline Of What I Expect For 2010...

Hi all! As its now the 2/2/2010...already one month gone (where does the time go?!)...I've decided to put up this post regarding what I expect for the rest of the year. As you all know I'll be splitting myself three ways as usual with CMES at Ryton Pool, the full size at Shackerstone and my own Garden Railway. On top of this, I'm sure I'll be indulging in various visits and outings to other railways/places of interest! So, lets begin...What Do I Expect From....

SHACKERSTONE-
*The Return to Work Of Peckett "Sir Gomer" (April)
*Thomas "65th Anniversary" Birthday Party (Early May)
*Steam Up Gala (End of May)
*Various Crewing/Shed Days With The Steam Department

CMES-
*Various Crewing Turns
*Various Work Days/Meetings
*"75th Anniversary" Of Society

GARDEN RAILWAY-
*5 Year Anniversary Open Day
*Various Running, Maintainence And Open Days

VISITS-
*National Railway Museum, York (Fingers Crossed!)
*Bala Lake Railway, Wales (Already Invited)
*GEC Miniature Railway, Binley (Already Invited)
*Great Central Railway (DONE!)
*Various Railtours To Spot! (Couple Planned Already!)

LEGO RAILWAY at EXHIBITIONS-
*Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2010 (November)

As you can see from the brief plan above, there is a busy year ahead once again! I've only given a very brief outline! I'll hope, as usual, to write & publish as many posts as possible for you all again in 2010! Thank you all for reading. Evening All...

2 comments:

Petensue said...

Hi Sammy
Where was the photo of 70013 taken?

Is that a big wheel behind it or something else?

Hope it all goes to plan for you and that we all see some good weather this year whilst enjoying our hobby.

Regards
The Graduate.

PS There is a word going round that I should now be a Journeyman and not a graduate.
What ever there is still a lot to learn!

Sam Brandist said...

Hi Peter.

It was taken at York (NRM) during the 1968 & All That event in May 2008. Alongside is the last BR steam loco to be made, 9F 2-10-0 "Evening Star". The Big Wheel in the middle is the NRM one, the "York Eye" as it were!

Yes as do I. I'm already fed up with this horrid weather. Should see you at AGM hopefully!

Sam