Sunday 19 December 2010

Steam Toy's In The Snow...

Hi all. Today I was off out to the Garden Railway. More snow overnight had created yet more frost and ice as well as extremely cold conditions. However, with the snow now falling in only a small flurry, I decided to try and get the Garden Railway running for a few film shots. The first thing I did was to sweep the track and defrost the outdoor points using a heater and some de-icer. With a bit of a clean, the trains were soon running. 56xx No6600 made a few good first runs with the 20-wagon freight train and even the Black 5 took a turn on her LMS Coaches. By now I was ready to film but the snow began to get heavier and heavier once again. Therefore, after capturing 3 short clips of No5775 on her GWR stock, I gave up...and so did the railway! However, though the 00 gauge had to cease operations, I did not; I went inside and brought out my two Steam Toys: the Wilesco D405 and the Mamod SW1. Both engines were soon in steam and I filmed them in the snow. The steam effects were very visible in the cold weather and therefore have picked up well on the film. The video is included above; and, as usual, double-click to enlarge! I hope you enjoy my little post from today; it was bitterly cold! Unfortunately however, the Steam Lorry is now out of action due to a stripped thread on its front axle. Hopefully I'll get a new one asap! Thanks for reading folks; Good Evening...

No comments: