Sunday 28 July 2013

Rail Ale: Working The Bar & Busker Part II...

Hi guys. Today I was back at Shackerstone, working Buffet Car "Jessie" with Reas & his wife Rachel. Takings were very good on the trains, though the Buffet Car was quiet as many opted for the Real Ale...well, that is what they came for! Between breaks from "Jessie" we took a little walk around Market Bosworth where 7 full size road engines, a Stanley Steam Car and a couple of vintage vehicles were on display as well as afternoon musical entertainment in the Goods Shed. I even managed to have a go on the Simplicity roller, with Jason. I haven't had a go on that since 2008...see blog. A lovely little roller: the Gentleman's Engine you might say! Following our day on "Jessie" we locked up on the last return run and Reas & Rachel alighted on the final Market Bosworth stop. I opted to ride on the footplate of 3803 with Carl & Jason rather than staying with the revellers on the Buffet. Back at Shack I jumped into the Saxo and headed for Market Bosworth, ready to see a bit of Dr Busker's 2nd performance, beginning at 8pm once again. In the company of Eddie & David it was a great night and very enjoyable. I left a bit earlier tonight in ridiculously heavy rain as I am on 3803 tomorrow. Cheers guys - Sam...

No comments: