The annual plug is here guys, albeit for a change of venue. Join us at the award winning Statfold Barn Railway over April 23rd/24th for the line's first family-friendly event. This impressive but usually private narrow gauge railway is holding its first Miniature Steam Rally over this Spring weekend and will be welcoming over 70 miniature engines in 1.5" - 6" scales. The engines range from traction engines to steam lorries and of course steam rollers, representing most of the well known manufacturers of bygone age road steam. The engines will be milling around the site whilst a select few members from the Statfold Barn steam fleet offer unlimited travel on the narrow gauge railway between Statfold Junction and New Road. The locomotives in action are planned to include these two: Peckett "Harrogate" and Hudswell Clarke "Fiji": amongst others from the award winning fleet...
|"Two Wonderful SBR Engines" (M.Ranieri)|
|"The Last MB MTEW - 2015" (M.Ranieri)|
As well as the miniatures on display we will have the following attractions:
- Three Full Size Road Steamers
- Miniature Working Area - 4" Sawing, 2" Cultivating and Corn Milling too
- At Least Four SBR Steam Engines in Service
- Photo Opportunities with the Locomotives, Traction Engines and Turntable
- Engine Line-Up and BIG Whistle Up at 2pm Each Day
- Peters Railway Book Stand with Author Christopher Vine
- Indoor Displays of Toy Steam, Meccano & 16mm Live Steam Layouts
- Trade Stands of 00 Gauge and Model Engineering
- And Much More!
|"Harrogate With The Author Driving - June 2015" (G.Cryer)|
We hope you can join us for a day out with steam, celebrating miniature representations of those engines of a bygone age when steam ruled the roads, the fields and the rails. Many Thanks All, Sam...