Sunday 7 August 2022

Ryton: Electrics In The Sun...

Two weeks ago I did a Sunday at Ryton and this week I was back again, volunteering on another rostered public running turn. In action once again were a pair of the trio of battery boxes: this time the 37 lookalike was out alongside its 31 counterpart. I met up with member in charge Eric at around 12:00 at the clubhouse, slightly before the rest of the crew arrived. Once the gang had gathered we made our way up to the track and performed the shunting ritual to marshal the two trains ready for service. Today I did a lot of guarding and a lot of station crewing, getting a go on the joy stick (there's an ironic name in this context if ever you saw one) of the electric 37 for the final passenger trip of the day which departed just as the clock struck 16:00...
It was a lovely sunny afternoon and our 200 or so passengers seemed to enjoy their respective rides around the railway. I was just glad to be feeling slightly more normal as I'd had my wisdom tooth out the week before and had been in crippling pain ever since. Thankfully a course of antibiotics had finally got hold of it by this point! So, just like that my two turns at Ryton for 2022 are complete. Cheers all, Sam...

No comments: