Sunday 17 April 2011

A Date With Royalty...

Hi all. Today, out on the mainline near Nuneaton, I had a date with Royalty; well, LMS 4-6-2 Stanier Princess Royal Pacific No6201 "Princess Elizabeth" to be exact! "Lizzie" was working a railtour between Euston and Chester. I caught up with her at Marston Jabbett, near Nuneaton, on her outward trip. I must admit, she was in fine form, steaming along in the morning sunshine with a good load on the drawbar. For this shot, as I was 'in a rush', I decided just to go 'hand-held'. However, it doesn't give very good results compared to a tri-pod (sorry about that!). Anyhow, in the shot, "Lizzie" steams by and rushes over Marston Lane, across the bridge. I have spotted 6201 a few times before, in particular last July at Coventry & Nuneaton (see seperate post). Click 'Play' below to see the video...

Well, I hope you enjoyed that. It was a pleasure to see "Lizzie" again, as always. Well, now I'm off to see another lady of the more Eastern variety...

No comments: