Thursday 17 May 2012

Achilles Report No13: Joans Fun Day 2012...

Hi all. Today I was at the GEC Miniature Railway for their annual 'Joans Fun Day'. This is an event which allows school children to take a ride on both the 5" and 7.25" gauge tracks behind a variety of locomotives, throughout the day. The morning period saw me driving James' 0-4-0 Romulus ("James") whilst the afternoon period saw my "Achilles" in action and on the track.
The shining blue locomotive was still encountering blower problems as the holes constantly get blocked with oil and muck. This problem will soon be rectified as I plan to remove all three blower nozzles and redrill them to drawing size. Using a process of trial and error I should be able to create a much better blower system.
With the loco having failed again I was a little dissapointed but it was still an enjoyable day out. Thanks to all involved. Good evening. Sam...

No comments: