Sunday 5 May 2013

Achilles Report No31: Another Run Out...

Hi everyone. "Achilles" was out at Ryton today and steamed happily around the track for the afternoon. We ran for a few hours and hauled some good train weights with little problem. We did manage to shake off a 5BA nut later in the day but luckily I had a spare in my tool box. I am still very impressed with the performance of the loco and hope that it continues to do well. Naturally I still have plenty to do on it when time allows but at the moment she seems to be getting on rather well on her own...
"Achilles" Simmers Happily at Ryton Halt Today
All in all a very successful run with my engine. She will next be out in just over a months time at the RPMR 'Fish & Chip' day, if not before. I would hope that during the summer we will have a few more outings to keep the engine in check. Thanks guys. Sam.

No comments: