Thursday 30 May 2013

Achilles Report No32: All On One's Own...

Hi guys. Tonight, in the rain, I took "Achilles" up to RPMR for an organised evening club steam up. Luckily the rain held off for my run but the forecast did put off every other operator, resulting in my tank engine being the only loco to go for an outing this evening. I steamed her up in the damp air, mainly to test the water pump which has had new O-rings and a repack. After 2 laps it was clear that the engine was performing well and that the problems with the water pump had been overcome. That was really all I needed to do...
Feathering At The Valves In The Damp Evening Air
As she was already there and in steam we did do a few more laps before retiring, just to finish off the running in which has been relatively problem free (he says!). The loco had performed very well once again and will be steaming at the GEC on Saturday; all being well. Thanks guys, Sam...

No comments: