Saturday 25 July 2015

Friday Evening at Rail Ale...

Hi all. This evening, admittedly in the pouring rain, I spent some hours at Market Bosworth enjoying the evening entertainment of the first day of the Rail Ale festival. This fantastic event takes place every July on the station yard and within the Goods Shed itself. Well over 10 of those strange iron horses of the road attended and looked fabulous on the yard, with the 1920-built Fowler Showmans Engine "Repulse" and her shining fairground lamps being the undoubted star. Ticking away happily with her dynamo wining outside the shed, the engine certainly looked the part, raining or not! Inside the shed the beer was flowing with over 60 real ales on offer and of course the first of two performances of the weekend by the amazing Doctor Busker. I stayed for a couple of hours to see Dr Busker get the crowd going before heading off for home with an early start in prospect tomorrow, involving 3803.

"Singing I will if you will so will I
Singing I will if you will so will I
Singing I will if you will
I will if you will
I will if you will so will I"
 
For anyone who hasn't seen Dr Busker yet during one of his many performances across the country, you need to! Often billed as the last surviving Victorian pub pianist, his evenings are full of fun, laughter and bawdy numbers: a must for all. Best Regards, Sam...

No comments: