Sunday 11 December 2022

GCR Firing Course: Day Four...

Evening all. Regular readers will be fully aware that I do enjoy what us footplate folk know as 'steam heat season'. It's just so atmospheric to be around steam at this time of year. However, what it also is is cold, wet and miserable! Today I was back at the Great Central Railway for day four of the very enjoyable 2022 firing course. The session today revolved around the rule book and was quite heavy going in some aspects. Outside, three locomotives were in service: 78019, 48305 and 92214. I managed to quickly snap 92214 simmering on No2 road outside the shed as she was being prepared for the day's Christmas diner. I tell you what, it was cold today...really cold. A thick frost hadn't cleared much throughout the day and the bitter temperature looks set to continue throughout the week. As I say, it's atmospheric at this time of the year but my god do days like this make you long for the Spring! Cheers all and Merry Christmas...
Please note any views or opinions expressed in this blog are merely personal and do not in any way represent the views or opinions of any other person, group or organisation.

No comments: