Friday 22 December 2023

5Z31: Black Fiving Home For Christmas...

Evening folks. Just a very quick one for today as I spotted No45231 "Sherwood Forester" Black Fiving home for Christmas! Engine move 5Z31 was the path that would take 45231 home to Crewe from Southall, following the completion of her Christmas Saphos jobs in the smoke. It was a much sunnier day when we saw her heading south past work a few weeks ago I must admit! Today, I myself was driving home for Christmas and happened to notice that the 4-6-0 and its ECS would be passing through Shilton about the time that I would be. Therefore, I guess, it would have been rude not to park up and see the engine as she headed northward. I was slightly dismayed when I left my car and checked on the train's progress to see that the trusty Class 47 "Crewe Diesel Depot" was actually leading the train, with the Five tucked in behind. Ahh well, I was already there on the bridge just south of Shilton and so watched the train pass by, with the 4-6-0 providing some drift steam just to keep everything lubricated. Short and sweet, that's all folks! Thanks and Merry Christmas!

No comments: