Friday 11 December 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone...

Hi everyone. Now, with Christmas Day 2009 only being 2 weeks tomorrow, I just thought I would extend this festive message to you all. (For this post, I've tried to choose festive (sort of!) images). I'd just like to say Thank You very much to everyone who has read the blog this year. After starting the blog in late August 2008, a massive growth in the number of posts being added occured throughout this year. Therefore, in the past few months, more and more posts have been added over a shorter space of time. I must admit, I have tried my best to include as much content (with as much quality!) as I possibly could. I hope you have all enjoyed reading the blog this year and that you will continue to revisit, to check out the various goings-on, in the future. I have received many kind comments from a variety of readers this year and the number of "hits" being received is also gradually growing. (Thank you all for this as well!). Now, for the images! The above image was taken on Easter Sunday 2008 and shows the "Starter Signal" at Shackerstone covered with crisp, white snow. Next, below, we see an image that, over the year, I have become very fond of(!). The image depicts the 15" Gauge Evesham Vale Light Railway, visited in May this year (though the image was taken on 31/12/08). The little locomotive toiling up the steep gradient in the frosty gloom is ex-Rhyl Miniature Railway Barne's Atlantic (4-4-2) "John". The beautiful steam effect produced by this little locomotive is one to treasure in my opinion...
Finally, we head back to my own railway. This particular image, though we have had snow this year, was taken in April 2008, following a freak falling of the stuff! Grantham Bridge, now replaced by a new route around the back of the conifer tree on the left, is crossed by Small Prairie No4560 with a rake of assorted wagons. This image, in my opinion, holds a very festive atmosphere!...
Well, as I said, thank you very much, every one of you, for visiting this page throughout the year. Though there are still a few more things to do this year, such as crewing the B1 at Shackerstone next Sunday, the year itself is nearly out! So, all that remains for me to say is that I wish every one of you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY & PROSPOROUS NEW YEAR! Well, as usual, thanks for reading folks! More posts coming as soon as I can! Good Evening...

2 comments:

Petensue said...

A very Merry Christmas and all the very best for 2010 to Sammy's World.
Here's to great steam ups in the coming year on Main line, maybe 71/4 Gauge and most certainly 5" gauge.
Look forward to reading more of your great blogs in the coming months.
The Graduate (ex apprentice)

Sam Brandist said...

Hi Pete, Yes, I should be up there alot more, apologies for this. See you 2nd Jan hopefully! Best Wishes, Sam!