Tuesday 29 December 2009

Steaming & Videoing My Mamod Steam Wagon...

Hi again all. One of my Christmas presents was a second-hand (obviously!) 1985 Mamod live Steam Wagon (SW1).The blue-liveried machine was purchased from a friend of mine and was first tested of Christmas Day. However, I could not get it too run properly (I don't know why!) but, after much oiling and tinkering, the lorry now runs much better. With a 15psi boiler, whistle, safety valve, oscillating cylinder and truck-body, the SW1 is a powerful and attractive model. This one, in fantastic condition for its age, was just too good an oppotunity to pass up! My main Christmas present,a JVC GZ-MG630 Digital Camcorder, was used today to film another running session of my SW1. (The resulting video can be seen above). Thanks for reading!...

2 comments:

rocky ridge said...

Great to see the SW1 Working so well Sam.I never actually had it moving,in the short time i owned it,just stationary.Looks brilliant.Good to see its got a good home.

Adrian

Sam Brandist said...

Is that so Adrian? I didn't know you hadn't it moving along! I added new tyres (x4 obviously) and then 2x new drive bands. It goes very well now. I just think I'm being a bit stingey with the fire...I should put more blocks in...that way it would go for longer! I'm just sourcing some air fittings for it so I can then run it on compressed air! All in the pipeline. Thanks for reading! Sammy's World.