Tuesday 22 December 2009

POST No100!:-Garden Railway Running Session!...

AT LAST! Post No100 of 2009! Thank you to everyone who continues to read this blog as I vastly enjoy writing it and, even more so, vastly enjoy hearing that people are reading it and enjoying it! I have tried my very best this year to ensure a great quantity, and quality, of posts on this blog, which is, I believe, reflected in this, the one-hundreth post of 2009! Anyhow, back to the post. Today, a friend of mine from Shackerstone, Chris, had been invited over to our garden railway to "run-in" some of his newly-acquired locomotives. Chris owns his own model railway but, unlike mine, it is an "end to end" run and not a full circuit. Therefore, he decided it would be easier to "run-in" his loco's on my line. He brought along a new T9 4-4-0, a Q1 0-6-0 and an E4 0-6-0. The tests proved successful and the loco's, especially the T9(!), got a good run. The visiting loco's used my rolling stock, especially my LMS coaches, to provide weight and colour to their runs. Later in the day, some of my own locomotives put in an appearance. The above image shows my Black 5, 45156 "Ayrshire Yeomanry", standing at Sutherland in very much fading light. The day had been a very good one and my railway certainly got a good running! It was certainly well worth doing. Thanks for reading everyone. Merry Christmas.

No comments: