Monday 12 September 2011

"Jessie" and a 38' at Shackerstone...

Hi everybody. Today I was over at Shackerstone, once again working on Buffet Car "Jessie" as 3803 was out (and fully crewed) whilst "Sir Gomer" had left on her trip to Wales. In the shed, "Mayflower" was being 'split' before leaving tomorrow. A nice quiet day, serving hot and cold drinks as well as various snacks, wines and spirits. The image above was sent in by a friend. It shows 3803 pulling into Shackerstone with the last returning service of the day. The loco is carrying a beautiful wreath; dedicated to Lesley; the late wife of one of our members. It was a very sad occasion indeed but, I felt, a very respectful one. My thoughts are with the family at this sad time. After her final run, 3803 was brought back on shed and disposed, whilst I washed up (can you believe?!) and then generally tidied "Jessie"s kitchen. After a chat with the crew and other staff over a drink, I left Shack at around 6:45pm. I will be back again in two weeks time, after heading off in search of "Sir Gomer" next Friday! Evening all...

No comments: