Friday 23 September 2011

A Message from Sam...

"Hi guys. Well, here we are, gradually coming to the end of the 9th month of 2011. Before we know it, Christmas will be here and the whole thing starts again! Hows it going for me? Well, I continue to practise my firing at Shackerstone. I hope to progress rapidly over the remaining months of this year, planning to get "done" as soon as possible. Meanwhile, my 5" loco 'Achilles' is waiting in the wings for another run, pencilled in for October 1st at CMES. After that, the plan will be to clean her up as much as possible before the Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition mid-next month. The LEGO Railway still hides in the loft, awaiting two shows currently penned-in for 2012; one in February and one in March. Finally, the Garden Railway. That has gone a little quiet lately but we WILL see it again on here before Christmas. As far as anything else goes, I'm planning to do a bit of driving for GEC in the coming months; one day in October and another nearer Christmas. Everything else is in a "wait and see" mode but, rest-assured, there are many more 'iron's in the fire'! I just want to say, whilst writing this message, that I do enjoy writing this blog, and keeping it updated. I also love the fact that people actually read it! Thats why its so nice to hear from readers! So, if you wish, please do comment. Alternatively, if you have any questions on any railway subject, don't hesitate to drop me an email at sam_trainspotter@yahoo.co.uk . Thank you all and please; keep reading! Kind Regards, Sam"

3 comments:

Petensue said...

Look forward to seeing your loco back in steam on the 1st.
BENELLA will be there.

John Wood said...

Hi Sam,

Keep up the blogs, they're a great insight into your activities 'steam related', and best of luck with yu firing exams. Shame you haven't gor a certain small prairie to take them on!!

Sam Brandist said...

Pete - Thank you. See you Sat.

John - Tell me about it! Bring back 5542!